Welcome to Setesdal!
In Setesdal we have a number of adapted hiking trails in cultural landscapes, forest terrain and mountain hikes. Up on the heath, DNT-Sør has an extensive route network for both day trips and overnight trips in the high mountains. We can help you with hiking maps and trails, or you can explore on your own.
Family-friendly day trips
A separate hiking brochure has been published with a description of marked trips in Setesdal. Many of these are suitable as family trips where children can join. Some are steep and some are long, but they are all considered day trips, and the time spent that is set up is basically a family trip.
Hiking brochure and map can be found at the reception.
We can safely recommend these tours
you will find a stone's throw from Sølvgarden and was full of forestry work and grazing animals no more than 50 years ago.
is one of the peaks in Brokke with a view of Setesdalsheiene 934 masl.
is available from Brokke or Rysstad and the prize is a fantastic view of Hylestad.
is one of the highest waterfalls in Setesdal. The trip is 6 km round trip.
is one of 4 nearby vertices that surround Brokke.
You can find a map with a description of the tours at reception or can be downloaded here.
Remember the mountain weather rules when you go hiking in the mountains
Even experienced mountain people have a healthy respect for the whims of the mountains
- Plan your trip and report where you are going.
- Adapt the trip according to ability and conditions.
- Pay attention to weather and avalanche warnings.
- Be prepared for storms and cold, even on short trips.
- Bring the necessary equipment to be able to help yourself and others.
- make safe road choices. Recognize avalanche-prone terrain and unsafe ice.
- Use a map and compass. Always know where you are.
- Turn in time, there is no shame in turning around.
- Save energy and seek shelter if necessary.
You should bring a backpack
- Food / drink
- Chocolate / energy bar
- First aid equipment (remember bandages)
- Map (and compass)
- Bag for waste
- Toilet paper
- Mosquito repellent
- Match / lighter
We recommend mountain shoes or heavy hiking shoes, and wind / waterproof clothing.